Monday, November 21, 2005

È Lunedì -- Blech!...

So -- what can I say about this, the first day of the new week?Well. It is dreary, cold and raining. Alabama lost (which I predicted). And I have been set up on a blind date against my will by one of my best friend's wife. Hrm. (More on that one later.)Oh -- I have some pictures...As I have mentioned before, I have an interest in short films. One of the teams that I have made films with, Hypocrite Films, made a 14-minute short called The Three R's, a parody of those old 1950's style educational films. Anyway, I play a guy who gets hit by a car. And I die.Apparently the Birmingham Sidewalk Film Festival thought we were funny and gave us two awards -- Best Alabama Short Film and Best Comedy (aka "f***ing funny" award...hey, I didn't name it, I'm just tellin' ya). So here is a picture of me with the Best Short Film Award, plus some detailed images:


Detail of the name plate at the base of the award.
Detail of the Sidewalk logo.
I look thrilled don't I?

The thing is freaking heavy too. It's made of titanium or something, I dunno...
Anyway, it was fun to do. I wish I could say that my contributions were greater, but really all I did was show up, mug for the camera and play dead. The others (Nathan, "Daffy", Chris, Jason, Joey, Lauren and Willis) all deserve the real credit. I was just glad to have been asked.
My other team, Suction Horse (mentioned as well previously) has three projects in the works -- a short skit comedy; a serious thriller; and a documentary. Stay tuned for more details.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

I took them myself actually, even the one of me... And it was early in the morning -- so I wasn't very awake.
More on the blind date hopefully will come this evening...

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be so modest, William. You were a big help after we killed you. I leaned on you quite a bit. Remember I sent you to get Daphane's glasses? Plus, you kept the energy level high and remained positive, which I must say is one of the most important things to me when filming.
So, YOU earned those awards too, buster!
-Nathan

4:04 PM  
Blogger Wil said...

*blush* Well, Daphne and I both went to get those glasses together, so it wasn't like I put on a cape and flew there! LOL
"You were a big help after we killed you"... I don't know how to feel about that one! :-)
Glad I could be your mental and emotional Red Bull.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home