Thursday, December 01, 2005

Nothing (Much) New To Report

Finished the Magician's Nephew and well into The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe... Still planning to finish up our film Sunday... It's cold, cold, cold... And of course, I hate it.
What else? Eh... Well, got an email from a guy in the Swedish group Garmarna, Stefan Brisland-Ferner. He released a solo album with another Swedish musician named Tötte Mattsson (from Hedningarna). I once sent him a fan email and since then we have been communicating via email from time to time. He was curious to know what I thought of his solo album and I gave him my thoughts on it. He told me he is going on vacation to Equador! Wow, wish I could afford to go. I can barely afford to go to Wal-Mart!
Anyway, the album is an experimental hurdy gurdy album. Don't ask me the in's and out's of the instrument -- I have seen one, I know what it sounds like, but I really am clueless on how to play it. Maybe one day he will explain it to me. They are neat instruments. Anyway, the album is very "out there", interesting atleast. But I like the stuff he does with Garmarna better. By the way, this is not an official review but I would also like to plug Garmarna's albums Vittrad and Guds Spelemän -- great discs. I will have to give a more in-depth review some other time. (And that is Stefan on the far right in the picture.)

And I guess that is all...

Wil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home