Monday, November 28, 2005

Some Info On Our Film Project

Here are some preliminary technical notes on our film that we started last night (and should be finished with by next Sunday night). Right now, we have no title, but the working title is New Age Nerds. I am never good with coming up with cool titles. I think Josh said once that he struggles with good titles too.
Anyway, here are some production notes:

CAST:
Bry....................................Josh Self
Trey..................................William Brownell, III
Don Villaberto(voice)......Josh Self
Bernie from PA (voice)...William Brownell, III
Announcer (voice)..........Jordan Self

Directed by - Josh Self
Written by - William Brownell, III and Josh Self
Edited by - Josh Self
Cameras - Jordan Self, Josh Self and William Brownell, III
Sound - Hannah Self, Josh Self and William Brownell, III
Lighting - Josh Self and William Brownell, III

As you can see, Josh and I did a lot on our own. That made it a lot of fun. It can be difficult trying to juggle a lot of things on a bigger sort of project (trust me I have seen Josh and my friend Nathan Voltz do that), but on this little film it was really fun.
What was a riot was trying to memorize our dialogue. We had to learn it in chunks and sections. Josh, who took our basic idea and transformed it into a working script, was cursing himself when we starting filming our speaking parts and he realized that he had given himself the most dialogue to remember! I was spurring and cheering him on, and we got through it. But there are some humurous outtakes of us both. One line that was really fun to watch Josh recite was "polyphonic sleep therapy musical journey of the mind" (I know that phrase makes no sense -- you will just have to see the film). Poor guy struggled with that one for some time. It was a riot though. But he got through it. I have to applaude him for that. And I am glad it wasn't me.
I think Josh plans to assemble an outtake "blooper" reel for the film, so I am sure folks will get to see us cracking up.
So till then, enjoy your own personal polyphonic sleep therapy musical journeys of the mind.

Wil

3 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

I think its gonna be called Un Segundo. Ask me about that later!

I will show it to you when we finishe it. I should bring some of our other films. I am not in them, but I helped make them.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this one that you wrote about the two people arguing about music?

6:19 AM  
Blogger Wil said...

Anon Y. Mouse:

The two geeks arguing about music you mean? Yeah, did I tell you about that one? If this is who I think it is, I don't remember telling you but then I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast.
Actually, I remember quite vividly what I had for breakfast -- two pieces of German toad with a side of scrambled yarn.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home