Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I Can't Believe It

It is almost Christmas. Wow. Time sure does fly. It is almost 2006. I remember when I was a kid, the year 2000 sounded so far away, so futuristic! I remember reading a short story in the 3rd grade that stuck with me all these years, and amazingly many of the things it talked about have happened -- it was about the future, and it talked about how everyone would have computers and no one would ever have to go outside their homes because they would be able to go to work, school and shop via the computer.
It also talked about portable phones (which we of course call cellphones). And it mentioned other things that I don't really remember well, although I do recall it mentioned flying cars. I think as a society we really want flying cars, cause it seems that every futuristic story has one (remember Back To the Future?). But that will never happen -- people can't even drive on solid ground -- what makes anyone think they would drive any better flying?? There would be cars falling out of the skies and onto people's homes left and right. It would be chaos.

Speaking of chaos, here is our word of the day....

an·ar·chy n. pl. an·ar·chies

Absence of any form of political authority.
Political disorder and confusion.
Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

[New Latin anarchia, from Greek anarkhi, from anarkhos, without a ruler : an-, without; see a-1 + arkhos, ruler; see -arch.]

1 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

Hey I dont mind showing my age as long as I dont LOOK my age. :-) I'm gonna pay for looking young somehow. I will probably continue to look young for years and then die at 50 of a disease or something.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home