Friday, November 11, 2005

Well...One More Won't Hurt

Yeah, I just had to throw in another quick word or two before the weekend.

One of the many artistic endeavors in my life involves the making of short films with my friends. One film I was in won Best Alabama Short Film and Best Comedy at the Alabama Sidewalk Film Festival this year (the film was called The Three R's -- I was the dead guy!). That was made with a group called Hypocrite Films.

Another group I work with is called Suction Horse Productions. It is overseen by the Overlord himself, Josh Self (brother of Jordan previously mentioned in an earlier post.) and a close friend for many many ages. The actual production team is sort of a revolving door line-up of whoever wants to help out, but the core group seems to remain Josh, me, his wife Carrie, and a friend, John P Butka (JP). If you want to learn more about us, Josh has a rather interesting site set up. Here are directions: http://bellsouthpwp.net/x/a/xabbu/suction.html

I think we do interesting stuff, but we tend to procrastinate when we don't have a timetable. So I think we need to start cracking down on ourselves to get more done. We have some good ideas floating around. One is a documentary on Josh's dad, who has led an interesting life. Another is an idea I haven't even talked to Josh about yet, but I need to do that soon -- I think it would be a great film idea. But until we flesh it out more, I won't go into much detail yet. But if things go well, I think we could start filming in January.

Anyhoo -- wanted to throw that out, and I suppose that is all. Be safe, be kind, and be funky.

Peace, Wil

1 Comments:

Blogger suctionhorse said...

ok, I don't know what that last comment was about... (as it had nothing to do with your post |-) but ANYWAYS. Blog is looking good so far! You need a profile and some links! Oh, also if you don't want to get spam like the previous comment, go to SETTINGS and COMMENTS and click on "Enable Word Verification". Explaination here. So, do you have a new email address yet? TTYL

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home